Tips and Tricks
How to Improve Your Digestion
- Talk to you doctor about changes you will be doing to your diet especially if you are on prescription medications.
- Keep your body well hydrated. If you have problems with your heart or kidneys, make sure you talk to your doctor about fluid intake. Rule of them no less than 64 ounces of fluids a day. Add at least 16 ounces of fluids if sweating ex. workout or detoxing
- Eat 4-5 small meals a day. This helps your body and revs up your metabolism.
- Put ginger in tea of meals along with peppermint, turmeric, chamomile or cinnamon. This is a great anti-oxidant
- Don't eat proteins and starch together. For example, eating your favorite steak with a potato.
- Eat slowly grind up that food before you swallow.
- Don't avoid healthy fats Ex avocados
- Avoid stress Sometimes unavoidable. Give yourself time to meditate, listening to soft music, deep breathing, gratitude prayer or close your eyes.
- Eat fruit between meals
- Take a probiotic
- Avoid foods that are greasy or highly spicy. Avoid caffeine or alcohol. Dairy, glutens (bread, white flour, legumes, process food, sugars, yogurts
- Cook all vegetables since raw veggies can be irritating to a gut healing.
- Eat your dinner 4 hours before bed. Hopefully, you can give your gut 12 hours with not having to digest food.
- Eat at least one of the following on a daily basis: Nonstarchy colorful vegetables, fermented foods like sauerkrat, grass-fed organic meats, and bone broth
- Supplements needed L-glutamine, Vitamin C 2000 mg daily, Omega 3 -fatty acids, apple cider vinegar